We’re looking for a highly motived well organised person to join our team. If you believe this is you, then we’d love to hear from you!
Position: Aboriginal Cultural Educator
Location: Stanmore, Sydney NSW 2048 – or by negotiation
Salary: Remuneration package valued up to $100,000.00 per annum based on demonstrated and proven experience. Includes employer’s contribution to superannuation.
Employment: A two-year contract will be offered to the successful candidate, with the possibility of an extension.
- Design and deliver NSW AECG Inc. cultural education programs to the NSW Department of Education (DOE) staff.
- Design and deliver NSW AECG Inc. professional cultural education and development programs contracted to the NSW Department of Community and Justice.
- Design and deliver NSW AECG Inc. cultural education programs to government and non-government agencies, stake holders and service providers.
- Support the NSW AECG Inc. Aboriginal Language and Culture Nests.
- Provide cultural teaching, advice, and support services to DOE schools and non-government schools requiring NSW AECG guidance and input in implementing cultural education programs.
- Support the NSW AECG’s Inc. cultural advocacy initiatives as required.
- Have sound knowledge of the NSW AECG, it’s governance structures and core objectives
- Sound knowledge of issues affecting Aboriginal education and training within Aboriginal communities.
- Demonstrated understanding of the NSW AECG Cultural Education programs
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills with experience meeting tight deadlines and reporting requirements
- Experience in working across a diverse range of Aboriginal and non- Aboriginal community groups and organisations.
- High level Information Technology, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated negotiation, liaison, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated and proven facilitation skills
- Ability to monitor budgets
- Full COVID vaccinations
- NSW Driver’s License and ability to travel within NSW and interstate as required
- A current NSW Working with Children Check clearance for paid employment & National Criminal History Check or willingness to obtain.
JOB NOTES: The qualification of Aboriginality is authorised by the NSW AECG Inc. in accordance with part 9A, Anti-Discrimination Act, 1977.
Please forward your expression of interest which addresses all the position criteria along with your resume to: Catherine Trindall, NSW AECG President.
Due by COB – Friday, 29th April 2022
Download EOI Aboriginal Cultural Educator