The Cricket NSW Foundation is holding a two Indigenous Pathway Programs
- Warners Bay, Newcastle – March 29th
- Sydney – April 3rd
The free programs are open all youngsters aged 13 -18 from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families.
It is a wonderful opportunity for teenagers to come together for a day of rich cricket and cultural experiences.
Piper Hooke, who represented NSW at the recent National Indigenous Cricket Championships in Alice Springs will be in Warners Bay to coach and mentor together with other special guests and experienced coaches.
In Sydney, Hannah Darlington, an Indigenous cricketer from the NSW breakers will be on hand to coach and mentor, together with Andrew Gordon who represented NSW in the Imparja cup for over a decade. There will be other very special guests and plenty of Cricket NSW staff assisting as well.
Lunch will be provided for all participants.
The Indigenous Pathway Program caters for all teenagers, whether they already play cricket, have never picked up a bat and everyone in between!
Below are flyers with links to register. If transportation to the program is difficult, the Cricket NSW Foundation can look to assist participants getting to and from Feighan Park in Warners Bay and Cricket Central in Silverwater.
This is an ABC story about the Indigenous Pathway Program that was held in Orange last month which was incredible. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-02-13/indigenous-cricketers-visit-orange-to-inspire-next-generation/101956794
NSW Indigenous Pathway Program Schools Flyer Newcastle 29 March
NSW Indigenous Pathway Program Individual Flyer Newcastle 29 March
NSW Indigenous Pathway Program Schools Flyer Sydney 3rd April
NSW Indigenous Pathway Program Individual Flyer Sydney 3rd April
Mentor – Ngaarr Dhuwi Girls Academy
The NSW Aboriginal Education Consultative Group Inc. (NSW AECG) is looking for 12 highly motivated, well organised women to join our team. If you believe this is you then we’d love to hear from you.
Position: Mentor – Ngaarr Dhuwi Girls Academy
Ngaarr Dhuwi Girls Academy Program is a holistic program that supports our young Aboriginal women through their 7-12 educational journey. Our mentor’s role is to support female Aboriginal students through culture, wellbeing and education to increase self-determination and engagement to complete school. Mentor positions are based in select schools.
Mentors will be based in schools at a 2 mentor to 50 female Aboriginal Student Ratio full time 5 days per week. Ngaarr Dhuwi have their own cultural academy rooms which are a meeting place for our young women to feel safe and connected. Mentors will work collaboratively to establish localised programs and support catering for the needs of their female students.
Location: Newcastle, Lake Macquarie Region
Salary: Remuneration package valued up to $80,000 per annum based on demonstrated and proven experience. Includes employer’s contribution to superannuation.
Employment: A 12-month contract will be offered to the successful candidate, with the possibility of an extension.
Position Criteria: (essential)
- Aboriginality: this is an identified position under Section 14 (d) of the Anti- Discrimination Act 1977.
- Have sound knowledge of the NSW AECG, its governance structures and core objectives or willingness to learn.
- Experience working with female Aboriginal students in a school setting
- Deep understanding of the cultural, social and academic needs of female Aboriginal students
- Proven ability to facilitate and deliver cultural engagement programs
- Knowledge of the Aboriginal community in which Ngaarr Dhuwi Girls Academy operates
- Experience in working across a diverse range of Aboriginal and non- Aboriginal community groups and organisations.
- Proven and demonstrated abilities to work within a small team and individually.
- High level Information Technology, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation, liaison, and interpersonal skills.
- Full COVID vaccinations
- Full NSW Drivers License
- A valid and current Working with Children Check and willingness to attain a National Probity Police Check
Please forward your expression of interest which addresses all the position criteria along with your resume to:
Cherie Collins NSW AECG Inc. 37 Cavendish Street, Stanmore NSW 2048 or email: ">
Close of Business: Thursday 23rd March 2023
Download job description
Download Rego Form
The Careers Expo Day is designed to bring together local and out-of-town organisations to connect with the youth of Wilcannia. Your participation will help guide and inform attendees of career pathways and opportunities.
Informing and educating the youth of our community of these opportunities is critical to their future development.
The day will also be the perfect platform to promote your organisation, meet and attract future employees, and to inform and influence the community’s future work force.
We encourage exhibitors to be as interactive with their displays and promotional materials, and to conduct demonstrations where possible.
Please RSVP your interest and discuss requirements by phone or email.
M 04 76 661 989
The NSW AECG Inc are looking for a highly motived well organised people to join our team for the below positions. If you believe this is you then we’d love to hear from you. Contact details and how to apply are in the links below.
Aboriginal Early Childhood Education Officer
EOI – Aboriginal Early Childhood Education Officer
EOI – Field Officer
Expression of Interest
PROGRAM MANAGER – PIRRU THANGKURAY
Location: To be negotiated
The NSW Aboriginal Education Consultative Group Inc. (NSW AECG) is seeking expressions of interest for a Pirru Thangkuray Program Manager (noting this is a hybrid work position) to join the Pirru Thangkuray team, with the aim to meet the Premiers Priority: to Increase the proportion of Aboriginal students attaining year 12 by 50% by 2023, while maintaining their cultural identity.
Type of Employment: Full time – 35 hours per week
Annual Salary: $100,100.00 per annum (inclusive of superannuation)
- Hold a current & valid Working with Children’s Check (WWCC) for paid employment or willingness to obtain one.
- Current NSW Driver’s License
- Demonstrated and proven verbal and written Communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently to deliver to strict reporting deadlines
- Ability to collect and input data sets or willingness to learn
- Demonstrated and proven leadership and managerial skills to support a small team
- Ability to engage and work with a variety of key stakeholders
- Understanding of Aboriginal Education and working with secondary students and Aboriginal community members
- The skills to co-ordinate, facilitate and deliver Cultural Education Engagement programs
- Understanding of delivering goal setting and other support programs as required
The successful applicant will manage a small team and work across a targeted number of schools and communities across NSW and be required to undertake pre-employment screening for this role which includes a Working with Children Check and National Criminal History Check.
PIRRU THANGKURAY – Program Manager will be an employee of the NSW AECG Inc. and will manage the Pirru Thangkuray (Dream Strong) Cultural Engagement and Goal Setting Team
Note: NSW AECG Inc. considers that being Aboriginal is a genuine occupational qualification under s 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
Applications should be addressed to and emailed to: Catherine Trindall, President NSW AECG ">
Applications due: Close of business 10 March 2023
Download: Program Manager – Pirru Thangkuray
How to apply for this position
- A written Expression of Interest including a cover letter for your claim for the position, including the names and contact details of 2 referees.
- You must address all the criteria outlining your background, skills and experiences in relation to the requirements of the position.
The New South Wales Aboriginal Education Consultative Group Inc. (NSW AECG Inc.) in conjunction with John Holland present the STEM (Science, Technolody, Engineering and Mathematics) University Scholarship for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander students.
These Scholarships are available annually to two University students, either new and/or continuing, students. These scholarships provide each successful applicant with $15,000, and where applicable scholarship winners will be offered casual, ongoing paid work experience on a JH project or corporate office while they complete their university studies.
Application closing date is Friday 17th March 2023. Please submit prior to this date.
Submissions post Friday 17th March 2023 will not be accepted.
Download STEM Scholarship Information
Aboriginal Employment Officer
NSW Department of Education
Community Engagement Officer
The NSW Aboriginal Education Consultative Group Inc. (NSW AECG) is seeking Expression of Interest (EOI) for an Aboriginal Language and Culture Nest Educator to deliver Wiradjuri Language and Culture lessons in schools in the Language & Culture Nest ‘Footprint’ area.
Position: Wiradjuri Language Educator
Location: Dubbo, NSW.
Hours per week: Minimum of three (3) hours per week. The days on which you will work will be negotiated with NSW AECG Inc. any additional hours will be negotiated with the school.
The Aboriginal Language Educator will work in collaboration with the NSW AECG Project Officer and the NSW DoE Aboriginal Languages and Culture Officer and the local reference groups or Language Councils.
To apply for this position:
- Write an Expression of Interest of no more than 2 pages, outlining your background, skills and experiences in relation to the requirement of the position as above.
- Include the names and phone numbers of 2 referees.
- Forward your application to Michael Donovan.
Expression of interest application must be received by COB Wednesday 22nd February 2023. EOI applications will not be received after this date.
For any further information, please contact:
Project Officer, Wiradjuri Language and Culture Nest AECG
The NSW Aboriginal Education Consultative Group Inc. (NSW AECG) is seeking Expression of Interest (EOI) for an Aboriginal Language and Culture Nest Project Officer for the Paakantji Language and Culture Nest.
Position: Project Officer
Location: Broken Hill, NSW.
The Project Officer position will work on programs that will progress the teaching and learning across the Paakantji Nest. The position will be based in the AECG Office in Broken Hill and work across the Paakantji Language footprint.
For further information, please contact:
Connie Ah See
Manager, NSW AECG Inc, Aboriginal Languages and Culture Nest
Expression of interest application must be received by COB Friday 10th February 2023. EOI applications will not be received after this date.
The NSW AECG is looking for a highly motivated well organised person to join our team. If
you believe this is your then we’d love to hear from you.
Position: Executive Officer
Location: NSW AECG Inc. Secretariat 37 Cavendish Street Stanmore NSW.
Salary: Remuneration package valued up to $130,000 based on demonstrated and
proven experience includes employers’ contribution to superannuation.
Employment: Long term contract with the opportunity for permanency
Please forward your expression of interest addressing all the Position Criteria along with your resume to:
37 Cavendish Street
STANMORE NSW 2048
Ph: (02) 9550 5666
Fax: (02) 9550 3361
Mb: 0423 894 039
Expression of interest application must be received by COB Friday 9th December 2022. EOI applications will not be received after this date.