NSW ABORIGINAL EDUCATION CONSULTATIVE GROUP INCORPORATED
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, date of birth, gender, contact details and postcode. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information, or a photograph of you. Personal information does not include anonymous, aggregated or de-identified information or information about companies which does not identify individuals.
Sensitive information is a category of personal information and may include information about racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, criminal record, membership of a professional, trade association or trade union or sexual preferences.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only collect personal information where it is necessary to deliver our products or services or otherwise conduct the functions and activities of NSW AECG or as required by law. We may collect information including: a person’s name; contact details; age & date of birth; emergency contact or next of kin; payment details; job applications; web log and related domain, browser, computer and connection information and any other information relevant to the relationship of the person with us.
We may also collect sensitive information in the course of fulfilling the functions and activities of NSW AECG, for instance if we are engaged as a work and development order sponsor. We will only collect sensitive information with the person’s consent or as required by law.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information in a variety of ways including in forms or surveys filled out by you; when you register on our website or mobile applications; in face to face meetings; in email, postal or social media correspondence; in telephone conversations; when you request information; or when you interact with our website, mobile applications, products, services, content or advertising. We collect most personal information directly from a person, but may also collect personal information from third parties.
In common with many websites, we may also collect aggregated information and cookies from your computer when you access our website, which enables us to tell when you use the website and also to help customise your website experience. You can disable cookies through your internet browser, but our website may not work as intended if you do so.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use personal information to deliver products and services and to otherwise conduct the functions and activities of NSW AECG. The main purposes for which we handle personal information include:
- to enable access to, interaction with and use of our products, services, activities, projects, website and mobile applications;
- to maintain contact with you and/or keep you informed of our activities, products, services, projects and progress and developments in the education sector;
- to communicate marketing and promotional information and other information or opportunities that may be of interest to you;
- to respond to requests, questions and complaints;
- to operate and improve our functions and activities, products and services, website and mobile applications, and a person’s experience and interaction with us, including performing analytics, conducting research and for advertising and marketing;
- to administer surveys and other promotional activities or events funded, sponsored or managed by us or third party partners;
- for general management and reporting purposes;
- to maintain member registers;
- to resolve disputes and enforce agreements with stakeholders and third parties;
- for funding, sponsorship or tender submissions and business development;
- for internal record keeping;
- for recruitment purposes or purposes related to the employment of our staff and providing internal services to our staff;
- for purposes related to members and membership of NSW AECG;
- to comply with legal obligations; and
- other purposes related to the functions and activities of NSW AECG.
You may elect not to receive marketing information from us by contacting us using the details set out below or, if applicable, unsubscribing.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
NSW AECG does not routinely disclose personal information to third parties unless:
- you give your consent;
- the disclosure is directly related to the primary purpose of collection, for example, it is necessary to provide you with a product or service which you have requested or for a project, function or activity of NSW AECG for which you are involved;
- it is necessary for maintenance of or is related to a person’s membership, employment or other position within NSW AECG;
- it is a requirement of our funders or service providers, in which case only basic personal information will be shared to the extent necessary;
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of a person or any member of the public or the interests of NSW AECG;
- the use or disclosure is or otherwise required or permitted by laws, regulations or professional standards.
We may also share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for research, funding, sponsorship, tender or promotional purposes.
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia, including to third party suppliers, cloud based and other service providers and website hosts located in the United States. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient deals with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect personal information, whether held electronically or in hard-copy form, from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
We will endeavour to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. You may request access to the personal information we hold about you. We will provide access to this information where reasonable and practical to do so, and in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Your provision of personal information to us is optional, however, because of the nature of the activities of NSW AECG, it is generally impractical for us to deal with you on an anonymous basis or through the use of a pseudonym, although sometimes this may be possible (for example, when we receive client feedback).
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT PRIVACY
If you have any questions or complaints concerning your privacy please contact:
37 Cavendish Street, Stanmore NSW 2048
PO Box 375, Enmore NSW 2042
Phone: (02) 9550 5666
Fax: (02) 9550 3361
Email: " style="float:none;">