Download Rego Form
The Careers Expo Day is designed to bring together local and out-of-town organisations to connect with the youth of Wilcannia. Your participation will help guide and inform attendees of career pathways and opportunities.
Informing and educating the youth of our community of these opportunities is critical to their future development.
The day will also be the perfect platform to promote your organisation, meet and attract future employees, and to inform and influence the community’s future work force.
We encourage exhibitors to be as interactive with their displays and promotional materials, and to conduct demonstrations where possible.
Please RSVP your interest and discuss requirements by phone or email.
M 04 76 661 989
The NSW AECG Inc are looking for a highly motived well organised people to join our team for the below positions. If you believe this is you then we’d love to hear from you. Contact details and how to apply are in the links below.
Aboriginal Early Childhood Education Officer
EOI – Aboriginal Early Childhood Education Officer
EOI – Field Officer
Expression of Interest
PROGRAM MANAGER – PIRRU THANGKURAY
Location: To be negotiated
The NSW Aboriginal Education Consultative Group Inc. (NSW AECG) is seeking expressions of interest for a Pirru Thangkuray Program Manager (noting this is a hybrid work position) to join the Pirru Thangkuray team, with the aim to meet the Premiers Priority: to Increase the proportion of Aboriginal students attaining year 12 by 50% by 2023, while maintaining their cultural identity.
Type of Employment: Full time – 35 hours per week
Annual Salary: $100,100.00 per annum (inclusive of superannuation)
- Hold a current & valid Working with Children’s Check (WWCC) for paid employment or willingness to obtain one.
- Current NSW Driver’s License
- Demonstrated and proven verbal and written Communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently to deliver to strict reporting deadlines
- Ability to collect and input data sets or willingness to learn
- Demonstrated and proven leadership and managerial skills to support a small team
- Ability to engage and work with a variety of key stakeholders
- Understanding of Aboriginal Education and working with secondary students and Aboriginal community members
- The skills to co-ordinate, facilitate and deliver Cultural Education Engagement programs
- Understanding of delivering goal setting and other support programs as required
The successful applicant will manage a small team and work across a targeted number of schools and communities across NSW and be required to undertake pre-employment screening for this role which includes a Working with Children Check and National Criminal History Check.
PIRRU THANGKURAY – Program Manager will be an employee of the NSW AECG Inc. and will manage the Pirru Thangkuray (Dream Strong) Cultural Engagement and Goal Setting Team
Note: NSW AECG Inc. considers that being Aboriginal is a genuine occupational qualification under s 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
Applications should be addressed to and emailed to: Catherine Trindall, President NSW AECG ">
Applications due: Close of business 10 March 2023
Download: Program Manager – Pirru Thangkuray
How to apply for this position
- A written Expression of Interest including a cover letter for your claim for the position, including the names and contact details of 2 referees.
- You must address all the criteria outlining your background, skills and experiences in relation to the requirements of the position.
The New South Wales Aboriginal Education Consultative Group Inc. (NSW AECG Inc.) in conjunction with John Holland present the STEM (Science, Technolody, Engineering and Mathematics) University Scholarship for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander students.
These Scholarships are available annually to two University students, either new and/or continuing, students. These scholarships provide each successful applicant with $15,000, and where applicable scholarship winners will be offered casual, ongoing paid work experience on a JH project or corporate office while they complete their university studies.
Application closing date is Friday 17th March 2023. Please submit prior to this date.
Submissions post Friday 17th March 2023 will not be accepted.
Download STEM Scholarship Information