Aboriginal residents and Aboriginal businesses in LGAs declared as disaster areas may be eligible for assistance from the NSW Government. Routine communications provide access to services such as financial assistance for immediate needs, mental health support and more, see below for resources. Service NSW customer care specialists are available to help flood-affected customers with services and support on 13 77 88 for information on assistance available.
The Indigenous Land and Sea Corporation (ILSC) have released the 2022 East Coast Emergency Response Grants Program to support Indigenous corporations:
There continues to be a number of updates to the disaster relief and support services. If you have been impacted, you may be eligible for Disaster relief assistance and support from the NSW Government. Information continues to be updated with current information and guidelines regularly on the Disaster Assistance Finder online tool:
- Disaster relief & Support
- Natural disaster declarations
- To submit a claim – NSW Disaster Assistance Arrangements
- Clean up and waste
- Recovery Centres
Outreach, volunteering and how you can help:
- GIVIT are working with government agencies and local communities to manage offers of donated items, services and funds for people impacted by floods across parts of NSW. https://www.givit.org.au/storms-and-flooding.
- For financial donations, consider the Red Cross Flood Appeal – https://www.redcross.org.au/floodsappeal/
- If you would like to donate to the Lismore Flood Appeal – information can be found at https://lismore.nsw.gov.au/flood-2022-information
- For those looking to volunteer in flood affected areas, please contact your local SES branch for more information on how you may be able to assist.