The Cricket NSW Foundation is holding a two Indigenous Pathway Programs
- Warners Bay, Newcastle – March 29th
- Sydney – April 3rd
The free programs are open all youngsters aged 13 -18 from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families.
It is a wonderful opportunity for teenagers to come together for a day of rich cricket and cultural experiences.
Piper Hooke, who represented NSW at the recent National Indigenous Cricket Championships in Alice Springs will be in Warners Bay to coach and mentor together with other special guests and experienced coaches.
In Sydney, Hannah Darlington, an Indigenous cricketer from the NSW breakers will be on hand to coach and mentor, together with Andrew Gordon who represented NSW in the Imparja cup for over a decade. There will be other very special guests and plenty of Cricket NSW staff assisting as well.
Lunch will be provided for all participants.
The Indigenous Pathway Program caters for all teenagers, whether they already play cricket, have never picked up a bat and everyone in between!
Below are flyers with links to register. If transportation to the program is difficult, the Cricket NSW Foundation can look to assist participants getting to and from Feighan Park in Warners Bay and Cricket Central in Silverwater.
This is an ABC story about the Indigenous Pathway Program that was held in Orange last month which was incredible. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-02-13/indigenous-cricketers-visit-orange-to-inspire-next-generation/101956794
NSW Indigenous Pathway Program Schools Flyer Newcastle 29 March
NSW Indigenous Pathway Program Individual Flyer Newcastle 29 March
NSW Indigenous Pathway Program Schools Flyer Sydney 3rd April
NSW Indigenous Pathway Program Individual Flyer Sydney 3rd April
Mentor – Ngaarr Dhuwi Girls Academy
The NSW Aboriginal Education Consultative Group Inc. (NSW AECG) is looking for 12 highly motivated, well organised women to join our team. If you believe this is you then we’d love to hear from you.
Position: Mentor – Ngaarr Dhuwi Girls Academy
Ngaarr Dhuwi Girls Academy Program is a holistic program that supports our young Aboriginal women through their 7-12 educational journey. Our mentor’s role is to support female Aboriginal students through culture, wellbeing and education to increase self-determination and engagement to complete school. Mentor positions are based in select schools.
Mentors will be based in schools at a 2 mentor to 50 female Aboriginal Student Ratio full time 5 days per week. Ngaarr Dhuwi have their own cultural academy rooms which are a meeting place for our young women to feel safe and connected. Mentors will work collaboratively to establish localised programs and support catering for the needs of their female students.
Location: Newcastle, Lake Macquarie Region
Salary: Remuneration package valued up to $80,000 per annum based on demonstrated and proven experience. Includes employer’s contribution to superannuation.
Employment: A 12-month contract will be offered to the successful candidate, with the possibility of an extension.
Position Criteria: (essential)
- Aboriginality: this is an identified position under Section 14 (d) of the Anti- Discrimination Act 1977.
- Have sound knowledge of the NSW AECG, its governance structures and core objectives or willingness to learn.
- Experience working with female Aboriginal students in a school setting
- Deep understanding of the cultural, social and academic needs of female Aboriginal students
- Proven ability to facilitate and deliver cultural engagement programs
- Knowledge of the Aboriginal community in which Ngaarr Dhuwi Girls Academy operates
- Experience in working across a diverse range of Aboriginal and non- Aboriginal community groups and organisations.
- Proven and demonstrated abilities to work within a small team and individually.
- High level Information Technology, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation, liaison, and interpersonal skills.
- Full COVID vaccinations
- Full NSW Drivers License
- A valid and current Working with Children Check and willingness to attain a National Probity Police Check
Please forward your expression of interest which addresses all the position criteria along with your resume to:
Cherie Collins NSW AECG Inc. 37 Cavendish Street, Stanmore NSW 2048 or email: ">
Close of Business: Thursday 23rd March 2023
Download job description