Expression of Interest
Project Officer – PIRRU THANGKURAY
Location: Tuggerah Lakes
The NSW Aboriginal Education Consultative Group Inc. (NSW AECG Inc.) is seeking expressions of interest for a Project Officer to join the Pirru Thangkuray (PT) team, with the aim to meet the Premiers Priority to Increase the proportion of Aboriginal students attaining year 12 by 50% by 2023, while maintaining their cultural identity.
Type of Employment: Full time – 35 hours per week
Annual Salary: $72,800 Gross plus Superannuation
- Confirmation of Aboriginality
- A paid Working with Children’s Check and National Police Check (Probity)
- Current Driver’s License
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Skills to engage and work across a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to facilitate and deliver Cultural Engagement programs
- Knowledge of Local Aboriginal Communities, individuals and organisations
- Ability to deliver goal setting strategies
- Understanding of current education policies and practices focusing on working with Aboriginal students in High School
- Understanding and knowledge of community, government and non-government service providers and support programs
The successful applicant will work across a number of targeted schools within the Tuggerah Lakes area. The Project Officer will be an employee of the NSW AECG Inc. and will work in collaboration with the Pirru Thangkuray Cultural Engagement and Goal Setting Team.
Note: NSW AECG Inc. considers that being Aboriginal is a genuine occupational qualification under s 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
For further information contact: Brody Naden, Pirru Thangkuray Program Manager on 0423653796.
Applications due: Close of business Friday 26th May 2023
Download: EOI Pirru Thangkuray Project Officer Tuggerah Lakes
How to apply for this position
- A written Expression of Interest of no more than 3 pages, outlining your demonstration of the Requirements of the Position through utilisation of the STAR method – Situation, Task, Action and Result. [Note: criteria do not have to be addressed individually.]
- Include the names and phone numbers of 2 referees, preferably your current supervisor and an Aboriginal person.
- Forward expression of interest to: ">
- Applications due no later than 5:00PM Friday 26th May 2023