The NSW Aboriginal Education Consultative Group Inc. (NSW AECG) is seeking Expression of Interest (EOI) for an Aboriginal Language and Culture Nest Project Officer for the Paakantji Language and Culture Nest.
The Project Officer position will work on projects that will progress teaching and learning across the Paakantji Nest. The position will be based in the AECG Office in Broken Hill.
Essential requirements for the position
- Hold a paid Working with Children’s Check Clearance.
- National Criminal Check (Probity) or the willingness to complete the check.
- Fully COVID vaccination.
- Knowledge of the NESA Aboriginal Languages K-10 syllabus
- Experience in developing scope and sequence of Aboriginal Languages
Requirements for the position
- Certificates I, II and III (optional) in Paakantji Language.
- Acknowledged within community as a speaker and knowledge holder of the local Language.
- Ability to further develop knowledge of Paakantji Language and Culture.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Skills in working with children from preschool to secondary.
- Skills in technology to support the teaching of the Paakantji Language Programs. Or the willingness to learn new skills to develop resources in the Paakantji Language.
Suitable applicants will have a range of IT, communication and administrative skills. Illustration and design skills will also be looked upon favourably.
The successful applicant will be an employee of the NSW AECG Inc. and have endorsement from the Paakantji Aboriginal Language Reference Group or: their Local Paakantji Aboriginal Language Council.
Applications Due: Friday 17th June 2022 (COB)