Expression of Interest
PROGRAM MANAGER – PIRRU THANGKURAY
Location: To be negotiated
The NSW Aboriginal Education Consultative Group Inc. (NSW AECG) is seeking expressions of interest for a Pirru Thangkuray Program Manager (noting this is a hybrid work position) to join the Pirru Thangkuray team, with the aim to meet the Premiers Priority: to Increase the proportion of Aboriginal students attaining year 12 by 50% by 2023, while maintaining their cultural identity.
Type of Employment: Full time – 35 hours per week
Annual Salary: $100,100.00 per annum (inclusive of superannuation)
- Hold a current & valid Working with Children’s Check (WWCC) for paid employment or willingness to obtain one.
- Current NSW Driver’s License
- Demonstrated and proven verbal and written Communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently to deliver to strict reporting deadlines
- Ability to collect and input data sets or willingness to learn
- Demonstrated and proven leadership and managerial skills to support a small team
- Ability to engage and work with a variety of key stakeholders
- Understanding of Aboriginal Education and working with secondary students and Aboriginal community members
- The skills to co-ordinate, facilitate and deliver Cultural Education Engagement programs
- Understanding of delivering goal setting and other support programs as required
The successful applicant will manage a small team and work across a targeted number of schools and communities across NSW and be required to undertake pre-employment screening for this role which includes a Working with Children Check and National Criminal History Check.
PIRRU THANGKURAY – Program Manager will be an employee of the NSW AECG Inc. and will manage the Pirru Thangkuray (Dream Strong) Cultural Engagement and Goal Setting Team
Note: NSW AECG Inc. considers that being Aboriginal is a genuine occupational qualification under s 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
Applications due: Close of business 10 March 2023
How to apply for this position
- A written Expression of Interest including a cover letter for your claim for the position, including the names and contact details of 2 referees.
- You must address all the criteria outlining your background, skills and experiences in relation to the requirements of the position.