Position: Aboriginal Culture Educator
Location: Stanmore, (Preferred) Sydney NSW 2048– or by negotiation
Salary: Remuneration package valued up to $100,000.00 per annum based on demonstrated and proven experience. Includes employer’s contribution to superannuation.
Employment: A two-year contract will be offered to the successful candidate, with the possibility of an extension.
Responsible to the NSW AECG’s President to design and deliver specialised cultural education and
professional development programs and provide strategic support to the NSW AECGs Aboriginal
Language and Culture Nests and provide cultural advisory services in support of the NSW AECG’s
Cultural advocacy platforms and the Connecting to Country Program.
The NSW Aboriginal Education Consultative Group Inc. is a non-profit Aboriginal organisation that
provides advice on all matters relevant to education and training with the mandate that this advice
represents the Aboriginal community viewpoint.
The NSW Aboriginal Education Consultative Group Inc. promotes respect, empowerment and self determination and believes the process of collaborative consultation is integral to equal partnership
and is fundamental to the achievement of equality. The NSW Aboriginal Education Consultative Group Inc. advocates cultural
affirmation, integrity and the pursuit of equality to ensure that the unique and diverse
identity of Aboriginal students is recognised and valued.
POSITION CRITERIA: (ESSENTIAL)
• Aboriginality: this is an identified position under Section 14 (d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.
• Have sound knowledge of the NSW AECG, it’s governance structures and core objectives.
• Sound knowledge of issues affecting Aboriginal education and training within
• Demonstrated understanding of the NSW AECG Cultural Education programs
• Demonstrated time management and organisational skills with experience meeting
tight deadlines and reporting requirements
• Experience in working across a diverse range of Aboriginal and non- Aboriginal community
groups and organisations.
• High level Information Technology, oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated negotiation, liaison, and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated and proven facilitation skills
• Ability to monitor budgets.
• Full COVID vaccinations
• NSW Driver’s License and ability to travel within NSW and interstate as required
• A current NSW Working with Children Check clearance for paid
employment & National Criminal History Check or willingness to obtain.
Please forward your expression of interest which addresses all the position criteria along with your resume to:
(R) NSW AECG Inc. 37 Cavendish Street, Stanmore NSW 2048
By: COB – Friday, 2nd September 2022