Select a category

My Future, My Culture, My Way

My Future, My Culture, My Way is a new campaign supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to achieve their HSC. It recognises that different supports and connection to culture may help them through the challenging HSC journey.The NSW Department of Education, NSW Coalition of Aboriginal Peak Organisations (CAPO) and the Premier’s Implementation Unit have co-designed My Future, My Culture, My Way.It’s part of the NSW Premier’s Priority to increase the proportion of Aboriginal students attaining Year 12 by 50%, while maintaining their cultural identity.We need your help to share the campaign so we can reach this ambitious target.As an important and influential voice in your community, we’re asking you to share messages about the HSC and the campaign with parents, carers and others who support students in your community.Everything you do to support My Future, My Culture, My Way goes towards connecting students with culture, encouraging pride in their identity, and helping them to achieve academically.

Click here to download the toolkit and other resources.

Visit the NSW Government website for more information and resources.If you’d like to get in touch, contact ">Thank you for your support.

Acknowledgement of Country

The NSW AECG Inc. acknowledges and pays respect to the Traditional Owners of this nation. We also acknowledge past, present and emerging Elders  and the continuation and celebration of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

Please note: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples should also be aware that this website may contain images or names of people who have passed away.