The NSW Aboriginal Education Consultative Group Inc. (NSW AECG) is seeking Expression of Interest (EOI) for an Aboriginal Language and Culture Nest Project Officer for the Dunghutti Satellite Language and Culture Nest.
The Project Officer position will work on projects that will progress teaching and learning across the Nest. The position will be based in the AECG Office in Kempsey.
Essential requirements for the position
- Hold a paid Working with Children’s Check Clearance.
- National Criminal Check (Probity) or the willingness to complete the check.
- Fully COVID vaccination.
- Knowledge of the NESA Aboriginal Languages K-10 syllabus
- Experience in developing scope and sequence of Aboriginal Languages
Requirements for the position
- Certificates I, II and III (optional) in Dunghutti
- Acknowledged within community as a speaker and knowledge holder of the local Language.
- Ability to further develop knowledge of Dunghutti Language and Culture.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Skills in working with children from preschool to secondary.
- Skills in technology to support the teaching of Aboriginal Language Programs. Or the willingness to learn new skills to develop resources in Language.
Suitable applicants will have a range of IT, communication and administrative skills. Illustration and design skills will also be looked upon favourably.
The successful applicant will be an employee of the NSW AECG Inc. and have endorsement from the local Aboriginal Language Reference Group or: their Local Aboriginal Language Council.
The AECG Project Officer will work in collaboration with, the AECG Incs Manager Aboriginal Languages and Culture Nest, the Aboriginal Language Educator and the NSW DoE Aboriginal Languages and Culture Officer and the local reference groups or Language Councils.
Hours per week: The successful applicant will be employed part time – 35 hours per week and paid between $45 per hour. The successful applicant will be given a fixed term contract.
For further information please contact Connie Ah See – details below.
How to apply for this position.
- A written Expression of Interest of no more than 2 pages, outlining your background, skills and experiences in relation to the requirement of the position as above. (See below EOI form)
- Include the names and phone numbers of 2 referees.
Applications due: Friday 11th of February 2022.
Forward your application to:
Connie Ah See
NSW AECG Inc, Manager Aboriginal Languages and Culture Nest