Expression of Interest
PROJECT OFFICER – PIRRU THANGKURAY
Location: Mount Druitt
The NSW Aboriginal Education Consultative Group Inc. (NSW AECG) is seeking expressions of interest for a Project Officer to join the Pirru Thangkuray team, with the aim to meet the Premiers Priority: to Increase the proportion of Aboriginal students attaining year 12 by 50% by 2023, while maintaining their cultural identity.
Type of Employment: Full time – 35 hours per week
Annual Salary: $72,800 Gross plus Superannuation
Requirements of the position
• A paid Working with Children’s Check and National Police Check (Probity)
• Current Driver’s License
• Evidence of double vaccination
• Effective Oral and written Communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrated skills to engage and work across a variety of stakeholders
• Understanding of Education and working with Aboriginal students in High School
• Able to facilitate and deliver Cultural Engagement programs.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver goal setting strategies
• Knowledge of the Aboriginal Community
• Understanding and knowledge of community, government and non-government service providers and support programs.
The successful applicant will work across a targeted number of schools within the Mount Druitt area. The Project Officer will be an employee of the NSW AECG Inc. and will work in collaboration with the Pirru Thangkuray (Dream Strong) Cultural Engagement and Goal Setting Team.
Note: NSW AECG Inc. considers that being Aboriginal is a genuine occupational qualification under s 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
For further information please contact: Troy Freeburn Project Coordinator, Lismore Office on 0428 957 607
How to apply for this position
- A written Expression of Interest of no more than 2 pages, outlining your background, skills and experiences in relation to the requirement of the position as above.
- Include the names and phone numbers of 2 referees.
- Forward expression of interest to: ">
Applications due: Tuesday 21st December 2021 COB