Applications are now open for Aboriginal scholarships at University of New South Wales and University of New England.
The scholarships are funded by The Department of Planning Industry and Environment.
Department of Planning Industry and Environment value the experiences and knowledge that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people can bring to the work they do, especially in the field of land-use planning.
Increasing Aboriginal workforce in planning and public spaces, will ensure future planning work integrates the social, cultural, and economic impacts to Aboriginal communities.
The scholarship program provides 4 Aboriginal students with an annual scholarship; 2 are available at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) and 2 are available at the University of New England (UNE).
The scholarship is valued at $12,500 pa, and has a 12-week summer internship and a one-year full-time graduate role in the Planning and Public Spaces division.
Applications for 2022 are now open
The following courses qualify for the UNE scholarship program. UNE applications close 3 January 2022: https://www.une.edu.au/scholarships/2022/dpie-aboriginal-planning-scholarship
- Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning
- Diploma in Town Planning
- Bachelor of Social Science
- Bachelor of Sustainability
- Bachelor of Geoscience
Apply at the University of New England
The following courses qualify for the UNSW scholarship program. UNSW applications close 30 January 2022: https://www.scholarships.unsw.edu.au/scholarships/id/1166
- Bachelor of City Planning
- Bachelor of Construction Management & Property
- Bachelor of Environmental Management
- Bachelor of Computational Design
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Environmental)
- Bachelor of Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Architectural Studies
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture