Location: Tamworth and Liverpool Plains
The NSW Aboriginal Education Consultative Group Inc (NSW AECG Inc.) is seeking expressions of interest for a Gomeroi Aboriginal Language and Culture Educator to teach students Gomeroi Language in schools across the Tamworth and Liverpool Plains area.
Requirements of the position
- Must be Gomeroi, identified and accepted in the community.
- Working with Children’s Clearance document, or willingness to obtain one.
- Probity Check clearance, or willingness to obtain one.
- Support projects to increase language teaching and learning, resource development and sharing opportunities across the Gomeroi Satellite.
- Skills in working with children from preschool to secondary.
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Willingness to develop skills in technology to support language programs.
- Reliable and flexible with required Language duties.
- Willingness to further develop knowledge of Gomeroi Language and culture.
The successful applicants will work closely with NSW AECG Project Officers, Local community members and knowledge holders, School Executives, and other Gomeroi Language educators to deliver language programs in schools across the Tamworth and Liverpool Plains area. Please note that you will be working in a team across a variety of schools.
Hours per week: Minimum of 3 hours per week. The days on which you will work will be negotiated with NSW AECG Inc.
For further information please contact NSW AECG Gomeroi Project Officer –
Jayden Kitchener-Waters – on 0421 777 285
How to apply for this position.
- A written Expression of Interest of no more than 2 pages, outlining your background, skills and experiences in relation to the requirement of the position as above.
- Include the names and phone numbers of 2 referees.
Applications Due: 17 August 2021.
Forward your application to Jayden Kitchener-Waters email: ">