Expression of Interest
PROJECT OFFICER – PIRRU THANGKURAY (1 Position)
Location: Mount Druitt
The NSW Aboriginal Education Consultative Group Inc. (NSW AECG) is seeking expressions of interest for a Project Officer to join the Pirru Thangkuray team, Pirru Thangkuray (Dream Strong) is a Cultural Engagement and Goal Setting Program with the aim to meet the Premiers Priority Increase the proportion of Aboriginal students attaining year 12 by 50% by 2023, while maintaining their cultural identity.
Type of Employment: Full time – 35 hours per week
Annual Salary: $72,800 Gross plus Superannuation
Requirements of the position
- A paid Working with Children’s Check is needed.
- Current Driver’s License
- Effective Communication and ability to work independently and as part of a team (Collectively)
- Ability to engage and work with a variety of stakeholders
- Understanding of Education and working with secondary students
- Facilitate and deliver Cultural Engagement programs.
- Willingness to deliver goal setting and other support programs.
The successful applicant will work across a targeted network of schools and communities. The Project Officer will be an employee of the NSW AECG INC. and will work in collaboration with the Pirru Thangkuray (Dream Strong) Cultural Engagement and Goal Setting Team.
Note: NSW AECG Inc. considers that being Aboriginal is a genuine occupational qualification under s 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
For further information please contact: Troy Freeburn Project Coordinator, Lismore Office on 0428 957 607 ">
How to apply for this position.
- A written Expression of Interest of no more than 2 pages, outlining your background, skills and experiences in relation to the requirement of the position as above.
- Include the names and phone numbers of 2 referees.